Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jackall Japan's new topwater plug; the POMPADOUR

Today, Japan sent me two samples of their new Topwater plug and I was just too eager to try it out. My first impression of it when I saw the video was that it just makes too much noise, because there's a distinct noise it makes when it is retrieved.


I was too busy at the office so during my lunch break, my plan was to toss it for 15 minutes, then order pizza for the temp workers I hired. Well all it took was 10 minutes and about 20 casts when a huge fish just smacked it! Broke in my new reel from Japan, the Shimano Metanium which casts beautifully and has a very smooth drag as well. Went back to the office immediately and ordered pizza wishing for 5:00 to come soon so I could go back.

I did go back and had another fish hit it but missed the hook. I am now a believer of this amazing lure produced by Tsutomo Kawashima.




Rod: Jackall Poison Heritage "Master Stroke
Reed: Shimano Metanium
Lure: Jackall Pompadour

6.1 lbs


6 comments:

  1. Good fishing, good weather. Nice to see a new entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dean, and sorry for the lack of new posts. Don't have the time I used to have to fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice catch. He blind in one eye?
    Love the lure design, cicada style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are some great catches. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management