Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Shimano Products!


Man looks like I'll be coughing up some money soon! The rumors were true! Since going to the Fred Hall show, I was anxious waiting for what the new rod would be. The Shimano rep told me a new Cumara was in the works, a Crankbait version. Sure enough, Shimano introduced the Cumara Reaction Series at last weeks ICAST, and it's Graphite! Check my older post for more information from TackleTour

Next product is one I surely will acquire soon. When Shimano Japan introduced the Aldebaran (lighter than the Daiwa Steez) a couple of months ago I wanted it, but at $380 and no warranty since it's a JDM product, I wasn't ready to jump on it. Then rumors started about a new MG reel coming out during ICAST, I then knew that it would be the Aldebaran.

Introducing the new Shimano Core 50mg! (The U.S. version of Aldebaran)
Same as the Japan reel even with bearing supported knobs! Only better, since I like the Core color scheme of Black and Red. Only problem is that it's only going to be out at a 7:0:1 retrieve ratio. $369.99 is now what I need to save up for this bad boy!

I'm most likely going to get the reel only since I'm fine with my Phenix Crankbait rod, but then again, I'm a big Shimano fan I might just get both the rod & reel.

Here's more information on what was released at last weeks ICAST from the TackleTour site:

Shimano ICAST Coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management